Thursday, November 19, 2009

EART Team Blog Ring- How Did You Get Started?

This Thursday, the Eart Team blog ring asks- How did you get started doing your art/craft?

My mother has been doing stained glass for the better part of 10 years. She had actually invited me to take her first beginning stained glass class with her. I declined thinking that it was an 'old lady hobby'. She persevered and I was able to watch as she learned and created new pieces. Her work area at home kept growing from just the kitchen table to the unused dining room to the full working studio with room to teach classes that my husband and brother-in-law built out for her in her basement. To make a long story short, she bought the glass store in our area and I went to work for her after having my 2nd child. I still had yet to even touch art glass, but immediately fell in love with it and jumped right in (not literally, of course). I caught on very quickly being a fast learner and having the opportunity to work with it full time (and get paid as well!). We started stocking fusing supplies and introduced our community to that glass art technique. Unfortunately, we have since had to close the store (darn economy), but we both now have a full studio at home. I work out of my basement and have the means to work cold, warm, and hot glass (stained glass, fusing, and lampworking).


Head on over to Diva Dea to see what deals she will have coming up:

No comments:

Post a Comment