Thursday, July 9, 2009

Outside Inspiration

Today I got outside with the kids in the morning and was able to pull weeds while they goofed around. Our landscaping desperately needed it. I haven't been weeding in weeks (I had dandelion plants 4 feet tall!). So far this summer, when it hasn't been raining, it's been sweltering hot and I haven't wanted the kids out for too long in that. Luckily today it was still decently warm, but a bit overcast. Perfect for playing outside.

Anyway, I've gotten sidetracked. So, I was outside pulling weeds this morning and I mowed the lawn once the kids went down for naps. All this time outside today got me looking around and finding inspiration. I've always loved the outdoors. Nothing it ever perfectly symmetrical- which I love. I find much inspiration outside. Not in literal interpretations of things, but in patterns, textures, colors, designs, shapes, etc. I got so many ideas today. I just wish I had time to try them all. Shoot. I wish I could even REMEMBER them all!

Where do you find your inspiration for your creations?

No comments:

Post a Comment