Sunday, August 2, 2009

Getting Back On Track

I've been off my game the past week or two. Too much going on causing me to temporarily lose my mind. We had 2 deaths in our family over a matter of 24 hours- my grandfather and Mark's great aunt. We had all the services throughout the next week. As tough as it is to come to terms with a loved one passing, it really was nice seeing family and catching up. It was talking with them and remembering the good times that made everything easier for all of us. Thank you also to all of you who sent your thoughts and prayers to us.

But we've gotten through all that now and I'm getting back to normal. I've been able to get the kiln fired up a few times and am pretty happy with what came out. There were a few designs that have been floating around in my head that I finally put into glass. I do need to get to the gallery that I have some pieces at. I want to pick them up to photograph them and add them to my Etsy site. So keep an eye out! I don't only make glass jewelry! There will be more fused items and some of my stained glass pieces soon!

As for personal life, we're preparing for school. My son is only 4 1/2 years old, but he will be in his 2nd year of preschool. And I've got lots to do as co-president of the PTO *blushes*. We've got to figure out what fundraisers we'll be doing this year and I have registration that I'm helping out with next week. Sometimes I have to laugh, though, when I realize my "title". Liam was on a soccer team this summer, so technically I've turned into a "PTO Soccer Mom". I don't drive a minivan, but we do have a station wagon. I just find it funny that though I fall far from the typical pre-conceived image, I still fit into that category. I love busting people's stereotypes!

No comments:

Post a Comment